The Kenny Rice/Hayley Nixon Juggernaut just keeps rolling as the two capped their amazing year with yet another victory, this time in the grueling 50 km Fenn Cape Point Challenge.
Rice, who has been notching wins all year against the world's best was able to hold off a top-level challenge to finish the day with a hard fought victory. Hank Mcgregor came in at second followed by Nicholas Notten, Jasper Mocke and France's Yannick Louse in fifth.
In the women's division, Hayley Nixon got it done again, besting 5000 meter World Record Holder Brigitte Hartley for the win. Bianca Beavitt finished with a solid third followed by the promising young talent, Kyeta Purchase.
K. Rice successful year adds to his growing list of palmares:
- 2nd Place at the Canadian Championships
- 1st U-23 World Championships
- 1st Overall Fenn Cape Point Challenge
- 1st Overall Gorge Downwind Championships
- Sea Dog Overall
- 1st Overall Breizh Ocean Race ICF World Cup
- 1st Overall Peter Creese
Hayley Nixon likewise has also shown top form:
- ICF World Champion
- 3rd Place Gorge Downwind Championships
- 1st Place Palm 2 Pines
- 1st PLace Nelo Summer Challenge
- 3rd Place Perth Doctor
- 2nd Sunset Surfski Race 1 & 2
- 1st West Coast Downwinder