The ACA is honored to announce that Morgan House has been named as the Director of High Performance & Competition.
Morgan has 18 years experience as a member of the Lanier Canoe and Kayak Club based out of Georgia and served for two years as the club's High Performance Coach before becoming the Venue Manager for the Lake Lanier Olympic Park.
During his kayak racing career, Morgan participated at more than 20 world-class venues in roughly a dozen countries. He was on the U.S. National Sprint Team from 2003-2012, won 50 national titles and spent five years living and training at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, CA.
Morgan has a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and PR from Ashford University and a Master's certificate in Project Management from the University of North Georgia.
After my time spent training for the Olympics, I spent a brief period working as the Hall County District Executive for the Boy Scouts of America. I also spent 2 years working as a coach at the Lanier Canoe Kayak Club. Following my time at the Lanier Canoe Kayak Club, I served as Venue Manager of the Lake Lanier Olympic Park for 3 years.
In addition, Morgan serves on the Gainesville CVB, the Peach State Bank Youth Development Board, & the The John Jarrard Foundation Board. He is a member of the Gainesville Rotary Club, and a director at the Greater Hall Chamber of Commerce.
He has a passion for all things outdoors and spending time with his family.
- U.S. National Championships in Seattle, Wash.: 1st in K1 1000m, K2 500m, K2 1000m
- Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico: 6th in K1 1000m, 7th in K4 1000m
- World Championships in Szeged, Hungary: 8th in K4 1000M semfinals
- World Cup No. 3 in Duisburg, Germany: 5th in K-4 1000 B Final, reached semis in K-1 200m
- World Cup No. 2 in Racice, Czech Republic: 6th in K-4 1000m B Final
- US Sprint Team Trials: 1st in K-1 200m, 2nd in K-1 1000m, 2nd in K-2 1000m, 3rd in K-2 200m